Devil May Cry – Why the new “Dante” might not be the real Dante!
Capcom announced the new Devil May Cry game today, however fans were not too pleased, especially with the western setting, the new look of Dante and Ninja Theory being the developers. However, the new trailer upon closer look might reveal some “possible” facts which might give series fans some hope atleast…Gamersmint takes you through what they might be –
As we all know, Devil May Cry got an announcement trailer along with it, showing a character who called himselfÂ Dante ( Fan Reactions -OMG NO WAY ), however, it’s unlikely that it’s the same Dante that we all know…actually far from it!
This new Dante might very well be a clone and not the REAL Dante or perhaps some alternate take on the genre, however, being a clone is more likely – Here’s what I can deduce from the trailer –
- The character of Dante is introduced as a lab test subject, codenamedÂ 64432P and is shown as part of a rehabilitation program, for what reasons we know not though.
- The mysterious voice which ask him again and again the sameÂ questionÂ “What is your name” might very well be some psychic power which might force his mind to belief that he is Dante even though he is not
- The sword shown in the trailer resembles the Rebelion but is shown as more darker and it can also be transformed into a whip ( a replacement of Nero’s arm for the gameplay perhaps? ). Maybe the scientists have modified the Rebelion to suit their needs?
- However if this character indeed turns out to be a younger Dante than obviously the game must need to take place before the original DMC but it’s highly unlikely as this Dante is not shown wearing the amulet that he and Vergil had in common!
- Also, if you will remember in Devil May Cry 3 , we could find a picture of Dante’s mother where she was with her two childrens and both had white hair, while this guy does not have white hair but black.
That’s about it for now, I can’t come up with anything concrete from this trailer apart from these facts, also keep in mind that these are just assumptions from my end and holds no real value but it does seem likely that this “new” Dante is indeed a clone or some alternate take on the genre. Also, I really wish it is true since none of us DMC fans would want to see this kind of change being done to our beloved hero!
Got any thoughts of your own to share about this new Dante? Help yourself in the comments section below –