Hands On : Assassin’s Creed : Brotherhood Multiplayer Beta
Assassin’s Creed 2 Beta was available exclusively for all EU PS+ members and we at Gamersmint got our hands on one of them. For the first time in the popular Assassin’s Creed franchise, multiplayer is introduced and Initially we were a bit skeptical on the inclusion but once we got into the beta it became all clear.Â This hands on gives you in-depth information about the multiplayer.
As soon as you get into a game, you are dropped in a city along with other players where you are both the Assassin Â and the Target i.e being pursued by others like you. It might be too overwhelming at the start to get used to it, since you need to look at the compass often and assassinating civilians are common. It certainly is innovative and due to that scores high in our book.
You score points while assassinating targets and evading assassinations and by successfully executing more actions as described below :
- Killing Targets
- Escaping Pursuers
- Stunning Pursuers
- Performing Co-op Actions
- Performing chains of Actions
- Doing cool session Actions ( first to kill a target etc )
At the end of the game the player can review and compare his score with others.
The following characters are available to choose from :
There are 3 Maps available in the Beta namely :
1) Rome : This map is located in Rome, in the neighborhoods of the Pantheon.Â Its large streets and crowed market place offer a good environment for a hide and seek gameplay.Â Its numerous roof tops also offer multiple alternative paths to navigate quickly while exposed from one side of the map to the other.
2) Castle Gandolfo : Located few kilometers from Rome, Castle Gandolfo was one of the Pope residence. This map is mostly based on the interior of the Castle, offering multiple levels of alleys and halls. Mostly ground based, the gameplay is a good mix of hide and seek followed by frequent chases. Railings and balconies offers perfect spots for air assassinations.
Third which is unlocked by the community :
3) Siena : Based on the famous city of Siena located in Tuscany.Â In this map, the players are competing in the heart of the Paliohorse race.Â Thanks to the limited size of the map and the absence of the usual roof tops alternative navigation, the gameplay is intense and the action takes place mostly on the ground.
You have a lot of hiding spots to escape from your pursuers, itâ€™s the same as Assassins Creed 2. You can hide in bushes, blend with groups or sit in benches. In the multiplayer you can break the chase in many ways namely -
- Closing doors
- Falling platforms
- Corner helpers
This will be highlighted when you go near them so you can identify them easily.